How to Change Your Address with USCIS

If you have an active case with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), it is essential that you notify them of any changes to your mailing address. The easiest way to do this is by filing Form AR-11, which is available online at Also note that all foreign nationals in the United States are required to report any change of address or a new address. 

These are the options you have to proceed with:

  • You can change your address with the USCIS by calling their customer service hotline at 1-800-375-5283. Be sure to have your case number handy when you call.
  • Through your existing USCIS online account if you filed your form online.
  • Filing Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, online using the Change of Address page (as long as you didn’t file one of the forms in the sections below).

Filing Form AR-11 online will update your address on all pending applications, petitions, or requests that you include on the form. You do not need to mail Form AR-11 if you use the change of address webpage.   

The information you provide is mandatory. Failure to report a change of address could result in a fine and/or removal, as well as jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.

Remember, it’s very important to keep USCIS updated on your current address so that you don’t miss any essential communications from them about your case.

Ali Hassanzadeh, Esq.

Ali Hassanzadeh, Esq.


Here are some important details to consider:

  • Changing your address with the U.S. Postal Service will not change your address with USCIS. Please update your information with both USCIS and USPS. You can do this online at or by visiting your local post office.
  • An agency may not conduct or sponsor a collection of information, and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless they are shown a valid and unexpired OMB control number.
  • If you previously filed and/or have a pending or approved form in the chart below, you must mail your Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card. Find more information here:
  • If you are a U.S. citizen or national and have submitted an affidavit of support for another person, you must submit Form I-865, Sponsor’s Notice of Change of Address, within 30 days of your move

Form I-485 adjustment of the status process can be complex and confusing, but with the right help, it can be a smooth and successful process. If you have any questions about the process or need help filing your application, our team at The Immigrate Fast Law Office is here to help! 

  • We arrange an initial interview with you to determine your eligibility.
  • Help you gather evidence and supporting letters
  • Form preparation and application packet assembly
  • We provide personalized assistance and follow-up for every step of the process.

Give us a call today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to speaking with you!

%d bloggers like this: